Today I sat down with myself to have an interview with myself. I thought I’d share this one, you might be interested. I encourage everyone to do the same.
1. What Do You Do For A Living?
Officially I’m a Music Producer, DJ and such. People seem to need that kind of labels. In fact I’m a transporter for emotions through music. There are people who really appreciate what I’m doing. I think we should all be aware that each and everyone of us is not selling anything but his time. This is what we all do every day in our entire life. With selling our time we’re selling our life.
2. Who Do You Love?
I can’t really say this, because I have no real idea what is just dependence or real unconditional love in my life. Of course, I’d say I love my mom, my kids, my friends etc. … but love isn’t something measurable. I can’t see who I really love (or not) at this very moment.
3. Do You Have Enough Money?
Always and never. Enough yes, because I have food, a warm ass and such — never because … fuck, you know why.
4. Are You Healthy?
Well, my body is quite healthy, yes. I have problems with back pain and some other little shit but generally my doctor always says something like “don’t steal my time, go home and go on living your unhealthy life”. Mentally I’d say I have just as many wounds and scars like everyone, and I try to deal with it as good as I can. I tend to have a “dark phase” like once a year for one or more weeks. I’m really depressed then and I can’t really figure why I’m so sad then. I still have no idea how this happens and how to get rid of that.
5. Do You Think You Are a Good Person?
Of course. I don’t believe in the fairytale that there’s someone out there entirely bad. We all have the same flame in our hearts.
6. How Old Are You?
My ID card says I’m 37. I feel older (currently, that changes).
7. Who’s Your Best Friend?
Everyone who I learn from. But I know what you mean. I have a handful of really good (“best”) friends, it’s not only one person. The following list is created in no particular order:
- Josh Abrams. We have so much in common, yet we even love the little between us that’s different.
- Dirk Vogelmann (yes, he’s my brother in real life, but also a best friend). We match like 99.99³ %. There’s no human being in this world understanding me better than him.
- My Mom. Really more a best friend than a Mom. She’s funny, you can talk with her about everything and she’s never judging.
- My dog Wilma, actually she’d be #1 if I had to rank that. This is the ultimative unconditional love.
- Actually also Faisal Sultan (Chief of friskyRadio). He’s complicated, very intelligent and carries his heart on the right (left) side. I love his sense of humour, especially when he’s upset. He’s a strong character — just like me — and we understand each other’s intentions.
- There are a couple others. They’d want me to be silent about that in the public. Or I want that.
8. What’s Your Childhood Dream?
Definitely to hurting to talk about that. Only thing that became reality: Being a musician. Rest: fail.
9. How Often Do You Laugh?
Multiple times every day. I couldn’t (imagine to) live without that.
10. What Makes You Smile?
- Fan feedback.
- Wilma, my dog. What a funny guy!
- Myself. You have no idea how much bullshit I do every day.
- When I get awake and sun is shining into my face.
- Really good music.
- Good food.
- Laughing kids.
- Playing animals.
- Overwhelming nature.
- Messages from God.
11. Who’s Your Most Dangerous Enemy?
One of the two wolves in my chest.
12. Where Do You Live?
At a place I don’t want to be at. Dortmund, Germany. I’m done with Germany completely. I want to live at a place where people are tolerant, laid back, caring about others and not each and every second after money.
13. Do You Think You’re Strong?
Very. Too much for some people.
14. What Was The Most Important Thing You’ve Done So Far?
15. What Was The Most Stupid Thing You’ve Done So Far?
Not facing myself.
16. Do You Love Yourself?
Pretty much, yes. Maybe not completely but I’m making good progress on the the final few %.
17. What Do You Fear The Most?
We had that already: One of the two wolves in my chest.
18. What Is Your Favorite Word?
Fuck. It’s all about fuck.
19. When Was The Last Time You Cried?
Oh, that’s a couple days ago when I watched a really touching movie. I’ve been alone, so no problem.
20. What Is The Best Thing That Could Happen To You Right Now?
It already happens.
21. What Is The Worst Thing That Could Happen To You Right Now?
That the worst doesn’t happen.
22. Picture Yourself In 5 Years From Now
I have no fucking idea and I don’t care, either.
23. Do You Regret Anything?
Not really, but yes, there are some things I would have done another way from a today’s perspective.
24. What’s The First Thing You Do In The Morning?
Cigarette, Coffee, emails. In this exact order.
25. Similarly, before you go to bed, you do have preferred thought. What is it? What makes your transition to the sleeping world without any major frictions? What’s your password to the dream realm? What if you would lose this thought suddenly?
Holy crap, are you serious? I need more time to reply to this question. Later, my friend.
26. What Was The Highest Point You’ve Ever Been To?
I think it was some mountain in the Swiss Alps. Or was it one in Southern France? Dunno exactly.
27. If There’s One Thing In Your Life You Want To Change Right Now, What Is It?
Not only in my life. I want an unconditional basic income for everyone in the world.
28. What Are You Proud Of?
Oy! Too much to mention here, really.
29. Sum Up Your Life In One Sentence
I even need only one word: Learning.
30. Name The Thing That Annoys You The Most
31. What Is Your No 1 Question To God?
32. Do You Have Secrets?
Of course I have. But I think secrets are totally useless. I keep them until I’ve found another way to handle the stuff I think I have to protect.
33. Are you happy?
Most of the time, yes. Of course, not always. If I were you I would have asked another question: Are you happy what is given to you? Always, yes.