Check my new remix for BC2 Records out!
I decided to offer all my music for which I own the copyrights* for free, now and in the future. “Free” means all music I have on my own label (L2 Music) can be downloaded for as low as zero (all currencies, smiles preferred) or for whatever amount you think is right, in the best possible quality! There are no hooks, eyelets or hidden conditions. There is just music.
*Digital downloads, not physical products, of course. I have no influence on the price of my music that I have signed with other labels, hence I can not offer this for free. But all of my albums are on my own label, and most of my non-dance-music productions.
Of course, I will still do paid remixes (and receive royalties for those), and sign my music to other labels, mostly dance music productions. But music on my own label (my albums etc.) will be free from now on.
Why am I doing this?
It’s simple, really. There is no point in asking you to pay for the download of music files anymore when you can stream it for free already. Those who like to listen to music in top quality (the audiophiles among you), there are the free or pay-what-you-want downloads at Bandcamp.
Nevertheless, I would like to ask each one of you to support me by becoming my patron:
Thank you, no matter if you’re just a listener or paying subscriber/downloader. You’re all equally valuable to me.
First of all, this is the original track which I’m offering you to remix:
This remix project is open for everyone, meaning: everyone who feels the tune and would love to remix it may do so. There are some rules attached to that, of course…
- You’re totally free regarding the style, length, tempo, keynote(s) of your remix. Do with the stems whatever you like, or add your own composition.
- The provided stems are under copyright of L2 Music (my label), and they’re only to be used for this remix project. All rights on this are reserved, so use for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
- This not a remix contest or competition! I will release ALL good remixes in form of a full remix release called “Babylon Revisited”, no matter how many it’ll be in the end. If your remix meets (my) quality standards it’s gonna be released in all important music stores in the world.
- I will share 50% of all net revenue of sales with you.
- When your remix is not part of the release, you’re free to offer it as a free download. Selling it is not allowed.
- Please, submit your remix UNMASTERED, meaning: no compression, no limiting, no maximizing on the MASTER BUS! Please, leave at least 6db headroom, because I will master it before release. Submit a 48khz/24bit WAV file. Other formats will not be accepted.
- Submit by uploading your remix to your SoundCloud, make it PRIVATE and DOWNLOADABLE (just as the remix pack files), and send me the link to it (and ONLY ME!). I understand that you’re excited about your remix to be heard by the entire world. But when everyone knows it already the thrill for the release is gone. Balloon > needle > PUFF!
- Submission deadline for your remix is: 30th of June, 2016. No exceptions. It’s a hell of a work to get the release properly set up and on the way, so I really can’t accept anything after that date.
Last but not least: original tempo is 121, keynotes are (basically) C major and F major. When your remix is a different tempo, please, make sure you use the best time-stretching algorithm you can get a hold of. Same goes for pitch shifting. 😉
You agree to the rules/terms above by downloading the following remix pack:
Download here if SoundCloud’s “Download Playlist” button fails: bit.ly/babylonrmx
Questions? Please, in the comments here!
There’s pop music that I like, sometimes. Some of it is really well done. I have been asked to remix this baby:
Stay tuned for the result. This has so much in it, lots of potential to get some VogelVibes™ into it. 😉
Good opportunity to remember this:
And actually also this (which I produced, not remixed):
And in general, let’s not forget this very current thing: