Developer Image-Line released Release Candidate version 7, a feature-complete version of the upcoming FL Studio 20.8 update which will be out December 14. FL Studio 20.8 is a substantial update with many new features alongside the numerous bug fixes and performance improvements.
FL Studio 20.8 update
You will find the following changes and additions after the update:
- Frequency Splitter: Split and process audio into 2 or 3 bands using Linear Phase or Low Latency filters from -6 dB to 96 dB Octave. Visualise frequencies with a Frequency Histogram, Heatmap, or dual display.
- A new Instrument Tuner with visual tuning indicator.
- Fruity Parametric EQ 2 with a new Frequency Histogram display, Linear Phase mode with artifact-free high slew-rate modulation capability, Band Mute switches, Solo bands, improved Finite Impulse Response (FIR) down sampling filter, and updated UI with Phase Rotation display, Mid/Side/L/R frequency visualisation monitoring.
- Maximus: a new Frequency Histogram display with Linear Phase filter mode.
- Sampler / Audio Clip Channels: New Cut and Paste options from the Preview Window (Right-Click) options menu.
- FLEX: New Browser with three layout modes for improved visual discovery. Added an arpeggiator switch. Some presets can have their Arpeggiator(s) turned off.
- Transistor Bass: Added V3 TB303 cutoff range based on an accurate emulation of a real TB-303.
- ZGE Visualiser: Drag and drop content onto the Main Editor window to create Videos and Image layers. (Right-Click) option to ‘Save still image’ to a custom size from the Main Workspace. Dragging and dropping image or video files onto the plugin creates a Layer. Optionally, video is now preloaded to memory for improved performance and synchronisation. NVIDIA accelerated CODEC is now used for MP4 video generation (Windows only).
- Control Surface / Patcher: Copy existing controls with a (Right-Click) ‘Duplicate’ option.
- Merge Automation Clips: Selected Automation Clips can now be merged from the Playlist Edit menu.
- Video Player: Reduced CPU usage during video playback. Video is now preloaded to memory for improved performance and synchronisation.
- Language Support: Support for Chinese. More languages to come soon.
- Glitch free plugin loading: FL Studio audio is less likely to be interrupted while loading plugins. NOTE: If a plugin introduces processing latency, audio glitches can’t be avoided.
- Initialised Controls: Added a (Right-Click) option ‘Delete initial value’ to remove initialised values from initialised/automated controls.
- Automation Clips: Increased precision for control and parameter automation. Added a Channel Rack & Picker Panel, as well as Automation Clip ‘Clone with links’ to clone Automation Clips with their original links.
- File size warning: Set the maximum size a FL Studio (.flp) project can save before warning you about the size of the file.
- Wrapper MIDI Support: There are now 16 ‘MIDI Channel Aftertouch’ parameters at the end of the ‘Browser > Current project > Generators parameter list’, for all wrapped plugins (VST, VST3, AU), instead of just one.
- Wrapper > Troubleshooting: Separated problem solving options from the Processing tab and added ‘Fast idle’ option to increase the frame rate for some plugin editor windows.
- Edison Denoise (macOS): Improved denoising algorithm to match Windows. New Smoothing control.
- Toolbar (Right-Click): Choose flat buttons because ‘flat is the new phat’.
- Options requiring restart: FL Studio will automatically restart (with dialog) instead of just closing when using options that require restart, such as Scaling, Language or User Data location.
- Diagnostic: Now includes the most recent crash logs in its report.
FL Studio 20.8 RC7 is available to download from the Looptalk forum. The final version will be released on December 14th, 2020. Note that the FL Studio ‘All Plugins’ edition is on a year-end sale, priced USD 399 down from the regular USD 899. The offer is valid until January 6, 2021.
The post FL Studio 20.8 RC7 available ahead of official December 14 launch appeared first on gearnews.com.