Line 6 has finally revealed the new firmware update to the Helix family with the new 3.00 update and you can download it straight away to your existing Helix unit.
With three new amp models and two new cabinets, plus a host of new virtual effects pedals, this update is pretty big for any Helix owners. The new amps include the US Princess which based on the Fender Princeton Reverb, the Das Benzin Mega based on the Mega channel of the Diezel VH4 and the Das Benzin Lead based on the Lead channel of the VH4 as well.
Plus two new cabinets a 10″ and 12″ US Princess models based on the Fender Princeton Reverb 10″ and a 12″ cab with a 12″ an Alnico Blue driver
The new effects list is pretty extensive and includes the following in the list below, which is taken for the Line 6 release notes.
- Horizon Drive (Mono, Stereo), based on the Horizon Devices Precision Drive. Includes an extra Gate Range parameter that, when set to “Extended,” drops the gate’s threshold down to -90dB
- Swedish Chainsaw (Mono, Stereo),based on the BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal Distortion (Made in Japan black label)
- Pocket Fuzz (Mono, Stereo), based on the Jordan Boss Tone fuzz
- Bighorn Fuzz (Mono, Stereo), based on the 1973 Electro-Harmonix® Ram’s Head Big Muff Pi
- Ballistic Fuzz (Mono, Stereo), based on the Euthymia ICBM fuzz
- Horizon Gate (Mono, Stereo), based on the Horizon Devices Precision Drive’s gate circuit. Includes an extra Gate Range parameter that, when set to “Extended,” drops the gate’s threshold down to -90dB. Works best before an amp
- Acoustic Sim (Mono, Stereo), based on the BOSS AC-2 Acoustic Simulator. Includes an extra Shimmer parameter that imparts some motion to the harmonics, reminiscent of how a string’s vibration tends to affect the other strings. Can be used alone or in conjunction with an acoustic IR
- Poly Detune (Mono), Line 6 Original. Great for those who avoid traditional chorus pedals
- Poly Sustain (Mono), Line 6 Original infinite sustain with a modulated poly pitch engine built in
- Poly Wham (Mono), Line 6 Original. Automatically assigned to EXP 1 and the toe switch toggles it on and off. See Poly Pitch notes above for additional information
- Poly Capo (Mono), Line 6 Original. A Simpler version of Poly Pitch when you just want to transpose your playing. See Poly Pitch notes above for additional information
- 12 String (Mono), Line 6 Original 12-string guitar emulation
- Stereo Imager (Stereo), Line 6 Original. Used to increase the apparent stereo width of your signal when connecting Helix to two amps or a stereo playback system
- Shuffling Looper (Mono, Stereo)
You also have added features including True Preset Spillover, Favourites, User Model Defaults, Auto Impedance, Min/Max Value Indicators and for the HX Stomp you now have Blocks andCommand Center. Plus a whole heap of minor tweaks which you can read in the release notes link below.
As usual back up your Line 6 Helix before attempting the new 3.00 updates or you could lose all your patches.
The post Line 6 Helix 3.00 update out now, with new amps effects and more appeared first on gearnews.com.